This extraordinary time demands an extraordinary response. We at Interfaith Action are weaving a web of compassion and support to help hold our city together.
- We are providing shelter in new ways. Because our partner faith communities can no longer host overnight Project Home shelters during the pandemic, we have moved our guest families to a central location in downtown Saint Paul where they have separate sleeping quarters.
- We are serving people 24/7. We are now providing three healthy meals a day plus snacks for growing children. We are providing fun and educational activities for children and working with Saint Paul Public Schools on distance learning. We are also providing financial education and robust support to help people move out of shelter and into permanent, affordable housing.
- We are feeding more hungry people. Visits to our Department of Indian Work food shelf are up more than 300%. We are pre-bagging all food, delivering to elders’ doorsteps, and coordinating no-contact pick-ups for the hundreds of families who depend on us.
- We are making sure our students have tools for success. This summer, our American Indian Youth Enrichment Program didn’t miss a beat, with staff adjusting to distance learning and youth enjoying six weeks of cultural opportunities and activities, delivered to their doorstep weekly. With our interfaith community, we packed 500+ backpacks with school supplies for children from low-income families.
- We are meeting the community’s need for information about critical legal rights. We have now released two new videos, produced with the Legal Services State Support Center, that congregations can share in communications and in worship. Several more videos are in the pipeline. View the first two videos here.
“How Can I Help?”
Financial donations help us the most right now. Our needs change daily, and financial support gives us the ability to purchase what is needed. Donate here. Our Department of Indian Work food shelf is also accepting donations. Learn more about the highest priorities.