For more than 60 years, Interfaith Action of Greater Saint Paul’s Foundation has been a vital partner for the work of Interfaith Action by providing:
- Reliable yearly grants for Interfaith Action’s operations
- Emergency funding to ensure continuity of our work in the event of a crisis
- Financial support for the research and development of new projects, programs, and initiatives that allow us to grow and innovate
Your gift to the Foundation is a way to make a contribution that will have lasting significance. Every gift to Interfaith Action of Greater Saint Paul’s Foundation is an important part of creating the best possible community for all.
Ways to make a gift:
- Personal check or credit card. Financial donations via personal check, credit card, gifts of securities, or cash—are the simplest and fastest ways to support the Foundation.
- Gifts-in-kind. We also accept gifts-in-kind such as real estate and tangible personal property such as art and jewelry. Tax impact and deductibility X is subject to IRS laws.
- Planned Giving. Gift planning is a way for you to personally help advance the mission of Interfaith Action while also achieving your retirement and estate planning goals. Planned giving includes:
- Gift annuities
- Charitable Lead Trusts or Unitrusts
- Transferring ownership of life insurance policies
- Naming the Foundation as a beneficiary in your will or of your retirement assets.
Interested in learning more about a planned gift to the Interfaith Action Foundation?
- Contact Amy Dillahunt at 651-461-3102 or email@example.com to talk about supporting the Interfaith Action of Greater St. Paul Foundation.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- To include Interfaith Action of Greater Saint Paul in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: Interfaith Action of Greater Saint Paul Foundation
Address: 1041 Grand Avenue, #312, Saint Paul, MN 55105
Federal Tax ID: EIN: 23-7029207; Classification (NTEE)
Already included us in your estate plan? Let us know.
History of the Foundation
In spring 1965, Interfaith Action of Greater Saint Paul Committee on Capital Funds, Wills and Bequests recommended that the Interfaith Action of Greater Saint Paul Foundation be established. The members of that committee were Roy Overmann, Neal Wood, Lloyd Hatch, Rev. Angus Mairs, Donald Smith, Carl Dreves and Rev. Harold Bradshaw, Executive Director of Interfaith Action. At the November 23, 1965, Annual Meeting of the Council of Churches, a motion was made and carried that the Interfaith Action of Greater Saint Paul Foundation be established.
The spirit behind the Interfaith Action of Greater Saint Paul Foundation was to make it a vehicle by which gifts to Interfaith Action would go into an endowment fund, which would appreciate in value over time and pay out interest exclusively to Interfaith Action.
Some of the first gifts received for the new foundation came as memorials for Mr. Hatch who was instrumental in setting up the Foundation and died just before it came into being. Later, one of the other founders of the Foundation, Carl Dreves, established a scholarship in memory of his wife, Margaret, as part of the Foundation. That scholarship continues today and provides income, which is turned into annual scholarship awards for several area graduating high school seniors who are continuing on to college.
In September 1969, the Council received 2,075 shares of 3M stock, which had a market value of $274,000, from Mrs. Margaret B. Hollensteiner, a niece of Archibald C. Bush, one of the founders of 3M. This stock was held for a number of years, split many times, and appreciated greatly in value.
Foundation Board Members
Elizabeth “Betsy” Keyes, President
Retired, U.S. Bank, Lake Elmo Bank, U.S. Trust
Roger A. Katzenmaier, Treasurer
Diane E. Follmer
Retired, 3M Company
Dr. David Misemer
Retired, 3M Company
Retired, Moss & Barnett
Interfaith Action of Greater Saint Paul
1880 Randolph Ave
St. Paul, MN 55105