Help students from families with low-income start school with the tools for success.
This drive is an easy way to join together with area faith communities and organizations to help children in our community who are affected by poverty.
Each year, we collect new backpacks and school essentials to benefit children from families with low-income who are served through nine different programs in Greater Saint Paul.
Annually faith communities, businesses, and individuals collect more than $20,000 of school supplies to fill hundreds backpacks!
- 3-ring binders, loose-leaf paper and folders
- Spiral and composition notebooks
- Pencils, pens, markers, colored pencils, crayons, erasers, highlighters, pencil sharpeners
- Glue sticks & bottles
- Scissors & rulers
- Facial tissue
- School boxes
- Hand sanitizer
- Reusable masks
- Host a drive with your faith community or organization.
- Help deliver and sort items on delivery day.
- We use monetary donations to purchase needed supplies not collected at the drive. Give online and designate “School Tools” in the text field, or send a check payable to Interfaith Action with “School Tools” in the memo line.
2022 Drive Dates
Suggested Drive Time Period
July 1 – August 15
Delivery Day (no contact, drive-through drop off)
Tuesday, August 16: drop off between 10 am–noon and 3:30–5:30 pm
Drop-off Location (NEW!)
St. Paul’s United Church of Christ
900 Summit Avenue
Area faith communities, plus 8 businesses and dozens of individual donors
of school supplies
backpacks filled for local students in need.