Deadline: March 6, 2020, or until filled
Program is held at the American Indian Magnet School, 1075 3rd St. E, St. Paul. Hours are Monday–Wednesday, 3:45 – 6:15 pm, October–May. Additionally, attendance is required at bi-weekly staff meetings 6:15–7:00 pm on Mondays.
The purpose of this position is to provide support for the program needs of the Youth Enrichment education program. The Youth Enrichment Program is an after school and during the summer program for the American Indian community to help enrich youth’s academic and cultural experiences. This individual will perform specific classroom support to the larger youth enrichment collaboration. This position requires a high level of youth program experience.
This person reports directly to the Youth Enrichment Lead Coordinator and/or Youth Enrichment Lead Teacher. This position compliments the intergenerational efforts of the Youth Enrichment program, a community-based, culturally grounded academic and culturally based after school and summer enrichment effort for American Indian school youth. This person will work directly to support the Youth Enrichment Lead Teacher.
This position requires former youth program experience, American Indian cultural awareness, as well as previous experience with children and youth in an educational setting.
- Ability to support out-of-school time activities planned by the Youth Enrichment Lead Teacher.
- Ability to relate to the staff of other after school education programs and school personal.
- Support and assist in the daily classroom needs planned by the lead teacher.
- Ability to relate to the children, youth, and the parents of school-aged children.
- Ability to work effectively without direct supervision and to function well as a team member.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Youth Enrichment Coordinator and/or Director of the Department of Indian Work.
- Must have own vehicle, valid license and proof of insurance as local travel is necessary.
- Some college education with experience after school and youth enrichment programming.
- Familiarity with and previous experience working in the American Indian community is desired.
This is a non-exempt, part-time position of up to 6 hours per week. This position is funded by grants. No benefits are offered for this position.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Peter Olsen at email@example.com.