Through Power-Up, Interfaith Action provides free legal assistance and practical educational opportunities and resources that help people build economic mobility.
Our legal clinic provides free-of-charge legal advice for community members.
- Power-Up Legal Clinic is available only by phone due to the Covid-19 situation.
- Upcoming clinic dates: Thursdays, October 7 & 21
- On the day of the clinic, call 651-222-5863 at 12:30 pm.
- Say “I’m calling for Power-Up Clinic.” You must say you are calling for Power-Up to get help that day.
- A lawyer will call you back the same afternoon. After a brief introductory call, a volunteer attorney will call you back between 1:00 and 3:30 pm to hear about your issue in detail.
Legal Issues Covered Include
- Landlord/tenant or property
- Divorce, parenting time, custody, or other family law issues
- Debt collection
- Impounded car
- Purchase or service contracts
- Simple wills and health care directives
- Any other civil legal issues (no criminal law issues, please)
Power-Up Legal Clinic is made possible through a partnership with Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services and the Twin Cities Cardozo Society.