Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Power-Up Legal Clinic is changing the way we provide free legal advice to community members.
- For the time being, volunteer attorneys will meet with community members by telephone only.
- If you need legal help, call 651-222-5863 beginning at 12:30 pm on the day of the clinic and say you are calling for the Power-Up Legal Clinic.
- Provide your name, phone number, and address, and a brief description of your legal issue.
- If you have documents to discuss with the volunteer attorney, you will be instructed how to send photos of the first few pages.
- After the brief introductory call, a volunteer attorney will call you back between 1:00 and 3:30 pm that same day.
Power-Up Legal Clinic is hosted by Morning Star Baptist Church in conjunction with Interfaith Action, Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services, and the Cardozo Society.
Legal Issues Covered Include
- Landlord/tenant or property
- Divorce, parenting time, custody, or other family law issues
- Debt collection
- Impounded car
- Purchase or service contracts
- Simple wills and health care directives
- Any other civil legal issues (no criminal law issues, please)