January 17, 2022
8:45–10:30 am virtual
Registration is now closed.
Join us virtually for the 32nd Annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday Breakfast, a benefit to help local students of color get to and go through college.
- Keynote Speaker: Laura Coates, CNN Host and Senior Legal Analyst, Constitutional Expert and Author
- Angela Davis, moderator
- Michael L. Lomax, Ph.D., president & CEO of UNCF, speaker
- H. Adam Harris, emcee & spoken word artist
- Known, musical guest
Learn more about the speakers and program sponsored by UNCF and supported by General Mills.
How you can take action following the breakfast
Give time by joining a community engagement organized by HandsOn Twin Cities:
- 1 City, 2 Realities (Jan. 13 – Jan. 21): A virtual exhibition space to help us get past “Minnesota Nice” into a place where we can address systemic inequality in our nation and community. Learn more and register (space is limited and will be granted on a first come, first served basis). Or, email HandsOn Twin Cities to get a group link. Good for up to 20 people, this is a great exhibit to go through as a team, mentoring circle, or employee network group activity.
- Connected for Social Justice Day (Feb. 18): Offer your unique skills to support a social justice nonprofit in this one-day “pro bono consulting” virtual event. Find skills-based opportunities (e.g., financial planning, brand strategy, etc.) and sign up by January 23.
- Find more volunteer and educational opportunities.