Interfaith Action Announces Leadership Transition
After eight years as leader of Interfaith Action of Greater Saint Paul, Executive Director Randi Ilyse Roth stepped down from her leadership role June 2, 2023.
Randi was a driving force behind the organization’s growth and impact amidst a historically challenging time. The organization is deeply grateful for her wisdom and unwavering commitment to building economic mobility in our community.
The Interfaith leadership team has worked together during Randi’s tenure to:
- Nearly triple the budget and grow a healthy reserve
- Triple the breadth of our services, with our Department of Indian Work (DIW) distributing three times as much food and our Project Home sheltering nearly three times as many people than we did eight years ago
- Significantly increase the depth of our services with all programming now focused on economic mobility in addition to stability
- Project Home has added a Rapid Exit Team that helps families achieve success more quickly and durably
- DIW has moved to spacious new headquarters and is adding an economic mobility hub to help break the cycle of generational poverty
- Launch a program to engage volunteers in multiple community nonprofits focused on economic mobility
- Design a program to bring clergy and civic leaders together regularly to discuss solution to challenging issues
- Participate in Ramsey County’s restorative justice work
- Co-lead a project with the Minnesota Commissioner of Public Safety and interfaith congregations on improving public safety
- Develop and maintain a free legal clinic, offered twice each month in partnership with Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services, The Cardozo Society, and the St. Paul Black Interdenominational Ministerial Alliance
Randi has moved to a new role, serving as one of two claims administrators assisting the trustee in resolving approximately 82,000 sexual abuse claims filed against Boy Scouts of America in its bankruptcy cases.
Read the recent Pioneer Press article about Randi. If you would like to honor Randi and the work of Interfaith Action, visit our secure platform and choose the button that says “Dedicate this gift.” You’ll be able to leave a note for Randi once you’ve made your gift.
We’re pleased to share that Roger Meyer of Mighty Consulting is serving as Interim Executive Director. Roger helped guide development of Interfaith Action’s latest strategic plan and knows the organization well. He brings more than 30 years of relationships, leadership, facilitation, and management experience in nonprofits, partnerships, and community-based organizations. Mighty Consulting has worked with a wide variety of nonprofits, partnerships, government entities, and community groups as they experience transition.
The search for the permanent CEO is underway, led by the firm of Ballinger Leafblad. Applications are now closed.
We unite the people, resources, and voice of the faith community to build a more just, safe, and livable Greater Saint Paul for all.
Department of Indian Work
Opportunity Saint Paul
People of faith will relieve the effects of poverty and address its causes through the transformative work of thousands of volunteers.
Interfaith Action of Greater Saint Paul
New mailing address:
1041 Grand Avenue, #312
Saint Paul, MN 55105