Help students from low-income and homeless families start school with the tools for success.
This drive is an easy way to join together with area faith communities and organizations to help children in our community who are affected by poverty.
Each year, we collect new backpacks, calculators, and other school essentials to benefit school children from low-income and homeless families being served through ten different programs in Greater Saint Paul. Just one of these partners, the St. Paul Public Schools Title I Program for Homeless Children and Families, serves nearly 2,000 homeless students each year.
Promotional drive materials and dates will be available in May 2019.
- High priority supplies: backpacks, 3-ring binders, calculators, facial tissue
- Other supplies: spiral notebooks, composition notebooks, pencils, pens, markers, folders, school boxes, erasers, highlighters, pencil sharpeners, colored pencils, rulers, glue sticks & bottles, loose-leaf paper, scissors, crayons, USB flash drives
- Host a drive with your faith community or organization.
- Help deliver and sort items on delivery day.
- We use monetary donations to purchase needed supplies not collected at the drive. Give online and designate “School Tools” in the text field, or send a check payable to Interfaith Action with “School Tools” in the memo line.