The St. Paul CROP Hunger Walk is an annual event, sponsored by Church World Service, to raise funds to fight hunger in St. Paul and around the world. We invite individuals and groups to participate in this walk and raise funds and awareness about hunger in the process.
Twenty-five percent of the money raised goes to Interfaith Action’s Department of Indian Work food shelf, and the remainder is used to support Church World Service’s hunger relief efforts in areas most in need throughout the world.
Join the CROP Hunger Walk Committee
Committee meetings are for anyone who is interested in helping with overall event planning and/or leading their own CROP Walk team at their faith community or organization. See meeting information in the sidebar.
Be a Recruiter
- Recruiting packets will be available for pick-up at the Interfaith Action office during business hours (Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm) or online at the Church World Service CROP Hunger Walk Resources page.
- Create an online presence for your team! Set a fundraising goal, and encourage walkers to customize their individual pages, where they may direct donors to contribute to individual walkers or to the team as a whole.
- Arrive on walk day to turn in donation envelopes or report the online total for your group.
- Please convert any cash received to checks (payable to CWS/CROP) and mail or deliver any late donations to Interfaith Action of Greater Saint Paul.
Be a Walker
- Register here.
- Join with people from the St. Paul area and participate in this walk to impact the well-being of people who suffer from hunger.
- Receive a beautiful, custom scarf if you raise $100 a minimum of four weeks before the walk! Learn more.
- Contact family, friends, congregation members, and co-workers to sponsor your walk. Pledges are not connected to the number of miles walked.
- Collect the money pledged in your sponsor envelopes and give to your Recruiter or report total online donations by walk day.
Walk on the Web
- You can collect CROP Hunger Walk pledges online. Send an email to your friends explaining the importance of this cause and asking them to donate to your walk.
- You can personalize your page online. This is a great way to track your fundraising progress.