Volunteer with our Department of Indian food shelf on a weekly or monthly basis stocking shelves, packing food bags, and helping with other general activities. Apply here
Tutoring & Job Coaching
Provide weekly tutoring or job coaching virtually and join us for monthly Opportunity Saint Paul learning events via Zoom. Apply here
Project Home at the Provincial House
Please fill out this brief form to indicate how you want to help and/or be involved. Fill out the form here.
Project Home Children’s Room Assistant
Please consider this in-person opportunity if you are generally in good health and able to wear a mask throughout your volunteer shift.
- Work with our staff to provide a safe space, fun activities, and educational support to the children staying with Project Home.
- Prior to arriving, do a basic self-check of your personal and household health. Do not come in if you are experiencing any COVID symptoms or have been around anyone who has been experiencing any symptoms.
- Park in the Capital City Plaza Parking Ramp, 50 East 4th Street, St. Paul. Take a white ticket. When you leave, write your name and “Project Home” on the ticket and hand it to the attendant to leave the lot.
- Check in at our Welcome Desk on the first floor at 12:45 pm. Staff will take your temperature and ask you a series of basic questions about your health.
- Proceed to the children’s activity room on the third floor and connect with Debbie & Teresa. They will give you a tour of our space and the plan for the day’s activities.
- During your volunteer shift, wear a mask and do your best to practice social distancing. We also have hand sanitizer in several locations throughout our space.
- Positively support children in their activities, whether educational or recreational.
- Assist staff in cleaning, organizing, and sanitizing the space at the end of the session.
- Review/sign up for available volunteer slots here.
Volunteer positions working directly with our guests in our shelter require a background check. Prior to your volunteer commitment, you will be asked to fill out an authorization form giving us permission to run a standard background check. This information is kept completely confidential and a past criminal offense does not necessarily exclude a person from volunteering, depending on the offense and the volunteer opportunity.