Together, we can build opportunity in Greater Saint Paul.
When your faith community becomes a member of Interfaith Action of Greater Saint Paul, you’ll join nearly 100 other houses of worship in supporting high-impact work to reduce poverty and build economic mobility. We resolve to work together to love our neighbors as ourselves and to make a substantial difference in our community.
As a member, your faith community will:
- Carefully Vetted Volunteer Opportunities: Support and engage in well-structured, high-impact work, from meeting basic needs to tutoring and job coaching.
- Staff Speakers: Invite Interfaith Action staff to preach, discuss, or update your house of worship on programming as part of the religious life of your community.
- Security Assessment: Experts from the Jewish Community Relations Council of Minnesota and the Dakotas will provide your house of worship with a physical security assessment and security upgrade plan.
- Annual Assembly: Participate in our Annual Assembly to build relationships with other houses of worship, hear from regional and national leaders, and vote on board members to lead Interfaith Action.
- Clergy Civic Engagement: Participate in ongoing educational and leadership training opportunities for your house of worship’s religious leaders.
- Interfaith Calendar, News & Information: Receive bulletin inserts and e-newsletters with rich content to share with your community.
- Recognition: Be recognized in our social media and newsletter articles,
and receive signage in Interfaith Action.
- Membership is any donation of $100 or more. Many of our member houses of worship dedicate additional offerings, committee contributions, or special gifts to their contributions throughout the year, ranging from $100 to over $10,000.
To join, download, complete and return the form (see sidebar) or contact Elizabeth Kulus, Director, Opportunity Saint Paul (651-661-9350).
Become an Anchor House of Worship
Is your house of worship seeking to deepen its engagement in effective social justice work? Our Anchor members are committed to weaving our programming into the spiritual practices of their community. Anchor houses of worship commit to the following each year:
1 – Maintaining a core team of staff and lay leaders to coordinate with Interfaith Action staff;
2 – Planning a worship service in which the volunteer voice is lifted up; and
3 – Dedicating monthly communications space to Interfaith Action volunteer opportunities
4 – Hosting an Interfaith Action program in your building
To learn more about becoming an Anchor member, contact Elizabeth Kulus, Community Engagement, Advocacy and Volunteer Strategy Manager, 651-661-7736 or email@example.com.
Current Anchor members: Progressive Baptist Church, Christ on Capitol Hill Lutheran Church, The House of Hope Presbyterian Church
How to Join
Download, complete and return our membership form with your payment. Membership is any donation of $100 or more.
Interfaith Action of Greater Saint Paul
1880 Randolph Ave
St. Paul, MN 55105