WORKING TOGETHER FOR A JUST MINNESOTA
People of faith are compelled to seek justice. Interfaith Action invited faith leaders to a series of compelling conversations with Minnesota Commissioner of Public Safety John Harrington about creating a better system of public safety and policing in Minnesota.
We walked through real-life scenarios that police officers face on the job. What do we want our public safety officers to do in these situations? We asked clergy and their congregations to respond as well. Our work together soon will culminate in a report of the collective feedback.
Session #4: October 2022
Session #3: May 2022
Please note: This videos contain footage from police body cameras. It may contain graphic content and some may find it offensive. Viewer discretion is advised.
Dilemma Story #3
Full discussion of dilemma #3
- House of worship reporting (use this link to report on conversations with your congregation)
- House of worship note taking form
Contact Phil Romine
Congregational Engagement Coordinator
Project Toolkit & Congregational Resources
- Overview: What difference will this project make?
- Video of intro session
- Project FAQs
- PowerPoint from intro session (11/23/21)
- Congregational Engagement Leader job description
- Learning Coordinator job description
- Bulletin insert (to encourage congregational engagement)
- Downloadable graphics (right click on items below)