“I see friends shaking hands, saying how do you do
…they’re really saying, I love you
…and, I think to myself what a wonderful world.”
Those are the words of the great Louis Armstrong, and how true we want them to be. We all want to live in the world described in his song — a connected, concerned, joyful, generous world.
We believe it’s possible. This winter season, we invite you to help create that wonderful world here in greater Saint Paul. Here are just a few highlights of the impact we’ve had over the past year:
- The average length of stay for families at Project Home decreased from 83 days to 66 days – and six months after families move into their new homes, 96% are still in their home.
- 875 families received food through the DIW food shelf, a 41% increase over 2021.
- 124 American Indian youth participated in culturally specific, out-of-school time programming, a 72% increase over 2021.
- More than 900 faith leaders and congregants across the state participated in the Building the Beloved Community Project to work towards a better public safety and policing in MN.
- Volunteers provided nearly 3,000 hours of high-impact tutoring, job coaching, and more to help our neighbors achieve stability and economic mobility.
This year marks the 70-year anniversary of the Department of Indian Work and the 25-year anniversary of Project Home. As we celebrate these milestones, we know that this is just the beginning. We will continue to adapt, innovate, and grow to meet the unique challenges our neighbors face.
Help make our community a wonderful world. Your gift today helps drive incredible change. DONATE HERE