Interfaith Action’s 20+ year-old family emergency shelter program provides stability and economic mobility services for up to 30 families (approx. 100 individuals), mostly children, at any given time. Services include but are not limited to safe, family-oriented emergency shelter, daily meals and snacks, laundry facilities, family advocate support, saving and budget management guidance, and rapid exit housing case management with follow up care.
We are currently seeking a reliable and dedicated Custodian to maintain our facilities. We take great pride in the external and internal appearance of our facility and see it as a reflection of our business, so we expect our Custodian to take the same pride in their work. Our ideal candidate is careful and thorough, cleaning and tidying the premises with great care and an eye for detail. We prefer applicants who have some professional custodial experience, but we are willing to train the right person.
- Taking out the trash, tidying, rearranging furniture, and wiping surfaces as needed
- Sweeping and mopping of floors, as well as vacuuming carpets
- Daily cleaning and sanitizing of all bathroom facilities, including toilets, sinks, showers, and mirrors
- Restock necessary items, such as soap and paper products
- General outdoor services and maintenance, sweeping entry areas, cleaning glass doors at entrances
- Cleaning of dining room and kitchen, including garbage and floors daily
Custodian Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Some professional work experience as custodian, janitor, or a similar role a plus
- Working knowledge of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances and how to maintain them
- Understanding of safety protocols such as disposal of chemicals and other hazardous items
- Comfortable with basic landscaping and maintenance tasks
- Detail-oriented and conscientiousness
- Able to work 8 hours on your feet and lift up to 30 lbs.
This is an exempt, full-time position, which requires 40 hours/week, which are flexible. Employees are eligible for health and dental benefits, retirement, paid time off and holidays. Please email cover letter & resumes to Peter Olsen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interfaith Action of Greater Saint Paul is an equal opportunity employer.