- Deadline: Open until filled.
- Dates of position: June 14 – July 23, 2021
- Program location: Daytons Bluff Elementary School, 262 Bates Ave St. Paul, MN 55106. Summer programming dates/times Monday, June 21 – Friday, July 16 7:30 am-1:30 pm
The purpose of this position is to support the social/emotional development of American Indian students who are attending our American Indian Youth Summer Enrichment Programming and implement the social and emotional goals within the American Indian Youth Enrichment (AIYE) program.
American Indian Youth Enrichment (AIYE) is a summer program serving approximately 100 indigenous children in grade 1st-8th in Saint Paul. The social worker will facilitate individual and/or small group activities with students who attend the AIYE program as needed. The purpose of this program is to enhance the existing AIYE summer camp by offering individual and small group coaching. The social worker will also provide staff with consultation about adapting the program for youth with varying SEL needs.
The social worker reports directly to Department of Indian Work Director and collaborates for daily supervision with the AIYE Coordinator. This person will work with the AIYE team and will work with DIW Director to complete grant goals.
- Develop and implement culturally relevant SEL competencies for individual and small group lessons to build student confidence and self-efficacy.
- Provide and document student and/or family referrals as needed.
- Documentation and interventions, referrals, and evaluation of SEL components.
- Consultation to AIYE staff regarding SEL goals, activities, and collaborative needs.
- Ability to work with students and families that have and are experiencing historical trauma.
- Provide all documentation and relationship to grant’s measurable outcomes.
- Familiarity with and previous experience working in the American Indian Community is desired.
- Ability to relate to people effectively in a multicultural community within a non-profit setting.
This position is a limited-term employment. Position begins on June 14, 2021 and extends no later than July 23rd. Position is part time and not benefits eligible. Hourly rate is $30 for a total of 240 hours for the duration of the summer.
Send resume and cover letter to Peter Olsen at email@example.com.