The Executive Assistant role is to enhance and support the work of the Executive Director and the directors on the organization’s leadership team and provide general administrative support across the agency. This position is also responsible for supporting all functions of the Board of Directors and its committees.
This person reports directly to the Director of Finance and Administration, but will primarily work directly with the Executive Director, along with other members of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Maintain Executive Director’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings
- Format information for internal and external communications- memo’s, emails, letters
- Provide support for Board of Directors and related Board Committees including scheduling meetings, meeting setup, preparation, and coordination of materials for those meetings, taking minutes, and maintaining historical files, documents, and records.
- Screen Executive Director’s phone calls
- Reading and analyzing incoming emails, letters and submissions and distribution them as needed
- Opening, sorting, and distributing incoming faxes, emails, and other correspondences
- Performing office duties that include ordering supplies
- Providing general administrative support
- Experience as a virtual assistant is preferred
- Discretion and confidentiality are a requirement
- Proven experience as an executive assistant or other relevant administrative support experience
- In-depth understanding of the entire MS Office suite, including Microsoft Teams
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Professional level verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work and relate to people effectively in a multicultural work environment within a non-profit setting.
This is a non-exempt, part-time position, which requires 20 hours/week, which are flexible. Employees are eligible for health and dental benefits, paid time off, holidays and the ability to work from home. Please email resumes to Peter Olsen at firstname.lastname@example.org.