Deadline: October 16 or until filled
The purpose of this position is to staff the American Indian COVID-19 hotline that connects the American Indian community to resources through Minnesota Department of Health’s COVID-19 Resource hub. This position requires a high level of motivation, attention to detail, excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use an electronic data system.
This person reports directly to the COVID Resource Manager and Director of the Department of Indian Work. This person works with the staff Interfaith Action of Greater Saint Paul, including the finance department and staff of the Department of Indian Work.
This position requires knowledge of call center phone system, data systems, referral sources and high level of computer skills.
- Answer incoming calls professionally
- Ability to deal with difficult situations over the phone while maintaining high level of professionalism
- Fluency in various record-keeping and communication tools such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to refer clients to additional resources in the community, using electronic websites as resources (e.g. MDH’s Resource Hub) and ability to follow-up on referrals to track success.
- Familiarity with community-based resources like SNAP, United Way 211, American Indian Family Center (AIFC), Lutheran Social Services (LSS), Minnesota Food Helpline, etc.
- Ability to work effectively without direct supervision and to function well as a team member.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned
- Familiarity with and previous experience working in the American Indian community is desired
- Experience in social service work and knowledge of community-based social services
- Some college-level studies
- Call center experience preferred
This is a temporary, part-time position for 20 hours/week at $20/hour for the period of hire date through December 31, 2020, with the possibility for longer employment (past December 31) and bonus. Interfaith Action is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.