Deadline: October 16 or until filled
The purpose of this position is to supervise the daily operations of the American Indian COVID-19 hotline. This position will ensure callers’ concerns are responded to and community members receive the maximum resources possible. This position requires a high level of motivation, attention to detail, excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to use an electronic data system.
This person reports directly to the Director of the Department of Indian Work. This person works with the staff Interfaith Action of Greater Saint Paul, including the finance department and staff of the Department of Indian Work.
This position requires knowledge of call center phone system, data systems, referral sources and high level of computer skills.
- Provide supervision, training and development to COVID Resource Specialist
- Monitor/review phone COVID Resource Specialist performance (call quality, attendance, escalations, etc.)
- Ensure the team is adhering to Interfaith Action’s and the Department of Indian Work’s policies and procedures
- Workforce Management: Ensure the team is adhering to their schedule
- Ability to deal with difficult situations over the phone while maintaining high level of professionalism
- Fluency in various record-keeping and communication tools such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Familiarity with community-based resources like SNAP, United Way 211, American Indian Family Center (AIFC), Lutheran Social Services (LSS), Legal Aid, Minnesota Food Helpline, etc.
- Ability to work effectively without direct supervision and to function well as a team member.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned
- Familiarity with and previous experience working in the American Indian community is desired
- Experience in social service work and knowledge of community-based social services
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Call center experience preferred. Must understand hotline demands and metrics
- Strong communication skills in reading, writing, and speaking English
This is a temporary, full-time position for 40 hours/week at $22/hour for the period of hire date through December 31, 2020, with possibility for longer employment (past December 31) and bonus. Interfaith Action is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.