The purpose of this position is to deliver food items from Department of Indian Work food shelf to families/clients’ home at various locations throughout St. Paul. The driver should be well-versed and comfortable driving an oversized van. The driver is responsible for delivering food items in a timely manner and make sure the correct food boxes are delivered to the right client. The food delivery driver must take care of the vehicle and ensure the safety of the vehicle and should be aware of various routes in the city.
This person reports directly to the Director of the Department of Indian Work and is daily supervised by the Emergency Services Coordinator.
- Ability to interact with food shelf participants with respect and efficiency
- Ability to follow the best practices for safety, both on the road and while loading or unloading the van
- Communicating with IFA staff, volunteers, and clients to make deliveries
- Ability to delivery food in a timely manner
- Ability to follow food safety guidelines while transporting food
- Ability to work effectively without direct supervision and to function well as a team member
- Performs other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Director of the Department of Indian Work
- Familiarity with and previous experience working in the American Indian community is desired
- A valid driver’s license and insurance
- Knowledge of how to handle materials safely, such as food or household items
- Familiarity with navigations systems
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Ability to load and unload food boxes
- Excellent vision and hand-eye coordination to stay safe while driving
- Ability to work and relate to people effectively in a multicultural work environment within a faith-based non-profit setting
- Ability to pass motor vehicle background check
- Be insurable
This position would be during regular food shelf hours or until the delivery list is complete for that day. Food shelf hours are Monday 1pm-6pm, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9:30am-2:30pm.
If interested in one or more days please APPLY HERE.