This is a great volunteer position for someone who wants to help hungry families!
Volunteers are responsible for picking up, transporting, and delivering donated food from Aldi (2005 Suburban Ave, St. Paul 55119) to the Department of Indian Work (DIW) food shelf for distribution to participants and their families.
- Act as DIW ambassador and develop professional relationships with Aldi’s staff members.
- Take temperatures of donations and record them.
- Load food (including refrigerated and frozen food) into your personal car.
- Keep record of donated food.
- Transport to DIW food shelf (1671 Summit Ave St. Paul, 55105) and unload with help from DIW staff.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be dependable
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle large (minivan, SUV, truck)
- Good communications skills
- Able to start ASAP
- Collection dates: Monday and Wednesday pick-up between 10:00–11 am
Up to 2 hours on each pick-up day. We are looking for someone who is able to collect on a weekly basis. Please indicate which day(s) you are interested in volunteering for.
Please contact Kelly Miller at 651-789-3856 or firstname.lastname@example.org.